1863, Caere, Vigna Marini Vitalini
- Record number: 1863
- Site: Caere
- Building or zone: Vigna Marini Vitalini
- Position: Door?
- Roof element: Door Revetments?
- Remarks: Moulded relief with finished edges on both long sides, decorated with torus (H 3.4, Th 4)/volute scrolls (H 6)/pendent lotus & palmettes. Th plaque 1.4, + relief 3.2. No nail hole or grooves to indicate means of attachment, but on left finished edge of leftmost piece, projecting ledge at back of plaque, broken away, leaving scar (water-sealing device?). Half lotus at finished edge of one piece. On another piece, torus tapers towards flat edge.
- Bibliography: Andrén 1940, p. 28, No. II:6, Pl. 8:27; Die Welt der Etrusker 1988, p. 173, B 6.1.22
- Publication record: Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples
Die Welt der Etrusker: archäologische Denkmäler aus Museen der sozialistischen Länder
- Type of decoration: Torus/volute scrolls/lotus & palmette, in relief
- Current Collection: Antikensammlung: TC 6681.17 (2)
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 17.3
- Width: 12.6
- MPD: 4.8
- Clay: 5YR 6/6
- Paint: Cream ground over which paint applied. Red 10R 4/6 volute bands, lotus calyx, lotus pointed central leaf, alternate palmette leaves & heart. Brown 5YR 4/4 on torus. black ground behind volutes, edge of heart, alternate palmette leaves, lotus leaves
- Condition: 3 separate plaques from 5 fragments
- Height floral field: 14
- Width palmette: 7.5
- Height lotus: 8.1
- Width lotus: 10.7
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/F7D1193E-5674-49D9-AD9A-4B77E7472669