- Record number: 4849
- Site: Capua
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Remarks: Bearded Gorgon head antefix with strigil shell frame. Very flat strigil shell frame. No strut but thick ridge above cover tile on back of plaque.
- Bibliography: Walters 1903, p. 169, B597
- Publication record: Catalog of terracottas in the British Museum
- Type of decoration: Bearded Gorgoneion
- Current Collection: British Museum: B597
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 30.2
- Width: 35
- Clay: 5YR 7/4 (fresh break) 5YR 5/4 (old surface)
- Paint: Cream slip 10YR 7/3. Black wide outlines of alternating strigils, diagonal bands forming herringbone on roll and flat band, hair, beard, eyes, teeth. Purple-red outline alternating strigils, diagonal bands, earring, inner hair strand below ear, tongue, volute outline of eye 10YR 3/2 + 2.5YR 2.5/4.
- Height head: 8.7
- Distance outer eyes: 9.8
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/F73B42F1-5ED2-421A-8F46-95B0DFF57910