8063, Cisterna di Latina, Caprifico
- Record number: 8063
- Site: Cisterna di Latina
- Building or zone: Caprifico
- Position: Eaves
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Remarks: Antefix with female head, with long ovoid face and long neck; small almond-shaped eyes, set slightly obliquely, with thick lids in relief; long triangular nose, small mouth with full lips, slightly smiling. Hair in thin bands of waves running from forehead over crown of head, with central part, and looped in front of ears; below ears, 2 beaded tresses. Cover tile attached at eye level, with back of top of head deeply hollowed. Neck of antefix overhangs cover tile. Stolen from private collection in Italy in 1970. Present location unknown.
- Bibliography: Melis & Quilici Gigli 1972, pp. 224-225, pl. L.5-7; Winter 2009a, p. 347, 5.C.2, Ill. 5.8.2; Lulof in Palombi 2010, p. 45, G4, figs. 245-246
- Publication record: Il tempio arcaico di Caprifico di Torrecchia (Cisterna di Latina): I materiali e il contesto
Proposta per l'ubicazione di Pometia
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Associated elements: Raking simas, lateral simas, revetment plaques, acroteria
- Type of decoration: Female head
- Current Collection:
- Mouldmade: Yes
- Height: 20.3 ca.
- Width: 12.5 ca.
- MPD: 13.5 ca.
- Paint: Irises and hair painted dark, probably black
- Condition: Nearly complete
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/F54A2E34-C08A-4117-8FB6-94BEA86A5D05