- Record number: 5840
- Roof element: Pedimental sculpture
- Remarks: Pedimental sculpture fragment of male head. Half life-size male head with short hair in curling locks with incised lines for hair strands. Right side of head, ear, roughly finished: not intended to be seen. Large hole in top of head, Diam 2.8. Short locks on outer edge of left cheek below ear. Hollow inside. Handmade. Fairly thick. Low forehead with curls across top. Eyebrows horizontal, bulging below at side, projecting out above deep-set horizontal eyes. Short, broad nose. Little surface modelling to cheeks. Small left ear (right not indicated) covered front and base by curls. Hair in high relief. All proveniences are unsubstantiated in Louvre, except for recent attributions to Tuscania.
- Bibliography: Le monde Etrusque 1977-1978, pp. 45-46, no. 18; Briguet 1977, no. 78
- Publication record: Aspects de l'art des Etrusques dans les collections du Louvre
Le monde etrusque, Musée Borély
- Type of decoration: Male head
- Current Collection: Musée du Louvre: N 4836
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 16.5
- Width: 11.7
- Clay: 2.5YR 5/4
- Paint: Cream surface 10YR 7/2.
- Condition: Broken through neck.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/EC82B2B9-2E5D-4EC0-A5E2-F8551E0D99A9