5007, ATHENIAN, Malibu (CA), The J. Paul Getty Museum, Malibu (CA), The J. Paul Getty Museum, Malibu (CA), The J. Paul Getty Museum, 86.AE.242
- Vase Number: 5007
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: MUG
- Date: -500 to -450
- Attributed To: MYSON by BOTHMER
- Decoration: Body: ATHLETE, WITH BUNCH OF CLOTH AND STRIGIL, DISKOS
- Current Collection: Malibu (CA), The J. Paul Getty Museum: 73.AE.136
- Previous Collections:
- Malibu (CA), The J. Paul Getty Museum: 86.AE.242
- Malibu (CA), The J. Paul Getty Museum: S82.AE.29
- Publication Record: J. Paul Getty Museum, Malibu, Recent Acquisitions: Ancient Art (1974): NO.39 (BD)
PHOTOGRAPH(S) IN THE BEAZLEY ARCHIVE: (BD)
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=5257
- AVI Record Number: 5052
- CAVI Collection: Malibu 86.AE.242 (ex S.82.AE.29).
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. from top of RF oinochoe. Painter of Philadelphia 2449 (Neer). Second
quarter fifth. Ca. 470 (Bothmer). Ca. 470-460 (Neer).
- CAVI Subject: A: athlete to right, looking back, with strigil; at right remains of clothes
on a stool. B: athlete to right with strigil; at left, terma; at right, sponge
and aryballos hung up (rather low).
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: to left and right of the head: καλ^ος. B: to left and right of the head
(at left, bearing upward, at right, horizontal and a bit farther down): καλ^ος.
- CAVI Comments: Shape 8, with disparate handles. Ex Bareiss 126. Roughly the upper half is
preserved. Large letters.
- CAVI Number: 5052
- AVI Bibliography: J. Paul Getty Museum (1983), 77/122 (not ill.). — R.T. Neer, CVA Malibu 7,
USA 32 (1997), no. 40, pl. 367 (shows inscr. on B) and 370,5-6, fig. 18
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/EA8B18D1-FAD1-414D-9524-CBE198F95670