9017849, ATHENIAN, Basel, private, H. Cahn, HC579
- Vase Number: 9017849
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: CUP FRAGMENT
- Date: -525 to -475
- Attributed To: EUPHRONIOS by GUY
- Decoration: WARRIOR
- Current Collection: Basel, private, H. Cahn: HC579
- Publication Record: Immerwahr, H., A Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions, Preliminary Edition (1998): 2066
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=2201
- AVI Record Number: 2066
- CAVI Collection: Basel, Cahn 579.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of RF cup. Euphronios (Guy). Last quarter sixth. 515-510.
- CAVI Subject: A: head of a young helmeted warrior; before him, a vertical spear point.
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: between the spear point and his lower face: [--]οχο[ς].
- CAVI Comments: Cahn thinks of Hypeirochos, which is found on the New York Sarpedon krater;
the inscription goes with a lost figure on the left.
- CAVI Number: 2066
- AVI Bibliography: Cahn (1990), no. 43 (ill.).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/E8B333A0-0BFC-44CA-9AB1-59650AD3EAE3