212917, ATHENIAN, Paris, Musée du Louvre, G650
- Vase Number: 212917
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: CUP FRAGMENT
- Date: -475 to -425
- Attributed To: ANGULAR P by BEAZLEY
- Decoration: I: DRAPED YOUTHS, ONE LEANING ON STAFF
- Current Collection: Paris, Musée du Louvre: G650
- Publication Record: Beazley, J.D., Attic Red-Figure Vase-Painters, 2nd edition (Oxford, 1963): 954.64
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=6799
- AVI Record Number: 6563
- CAVI Collection: Paris, Louvre G 650.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of RF cup. Angular Painter. Second quarter fifth.
- CAVI Subject: Int.: a draped boy; a youth leaning on his stick. Ext.: plain.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Int.: between the two, at mid-level: φ[ί]λε μου(?).
- CAVI Comments: The problem of this inscription is the last letter: for the digraph for long
closed o, see Threatte (1980), 238ff. (on vases, p. 240/4). But the upsilon has
a very archaic shape and may in fact be a three-stroke sigma or a corrected
letter. It is hardly a nu; hence Φ[ι]λεμον seems excluded.
- CAVI Number: 6563
- AVI Bibliography: dr. — ARV (1963), 954/64 (no bibl.).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/E71BFF99-179A-4194-98DB-B9D53521191D