216736, ATHENIAN, Bryn Mawr (PA), Bryn Mawr College, P.95
- Vase Number: 216736
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: PLATE
- Date: -500 to -450
- Attributed To: BRYN MAWR P by BEAZLEY
- Decoration: Obverse: SYMPOSIUM, DRAPED MAN RECLINING ON KLINE WITH CUP PLAYING KOTTABOS, PIPESCASE SUSPENDED
- Current Collection: Bryn Mawr (PA), Bryn Mawr College: P.95 (View on Bryn Mawr College site)
- Publication Record: Beazley, J.D., Attic Red-Figure Vase-Painters, 2nd edition (Oxford, 1963): 456.1
Carpenter, T.H., with Mannack, T. and Mendonca, M., Beazley Addenda, 2nd edition (Oxford, 1989): 243
Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum: BRYN MAWR, BRYN MAWR COLLEGE, 3, PLS.(581,582) 1.1-2, 2.1 View Whole CVA Plates
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=3125
- AVI Record Number: 2971
- Bryn Mawr College Link: http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/157519
- CAVI Collection: Bryn Mawr P 95.
- CAVI Lemma: Fragmentary RF plate. From Cerveteri. Bryn Mawr Painter. First quarter fifth.
- CAVI Subject: Symposium: man reclining and playing kottabos; at left, a flute case hung up.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Above the man's head and raised arm, in a large curve, hο πα̣ις, retr. Below
his outstretched hand and along the knee: καλος, retr.
- CAVI Comments: The rim is filed off. The ph., pl. 1,1, shows the inscription faintly. Very
similar to the plate Harvard 60.750, ARV 456/2.
- CAVI Number: 2971
- AVI Bibliography: Swindler (1916), 331, fig. 13. ? Hoppin (1919), i, 280/61. ? ARV (1963),
456/1. ? A. Ashmead and K. Phillips, Jr., CVA Bryn Mawr 1, USA 13 (1971), pls. 1
and 2,1. ? Add. (1989), 243.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/E301E300-E67A-460A-9408-16B5E61668B5