7270, Acquarossa, Zone F, Roof F:10
- Record number: 7270
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone F, Roof F:10
- Roof element: Antefixes
- Remarks: Antefix Type V with Type III A cover tile backer. H back 10.3, RW 13.3. Flange H 9.1, W 9.4. H recess below cover tile top 1.3. Overhang H 2.5 at right, 4 at left. At front of cover tile, 4 raised, rounded ridges W 1.2, 1, 0.8, 0.9 front one highest. TD with channels 6.4. Flat front edge with inner scar from missing plaque. Underside smooth on left half, rough on right with smoothed bottom edges. Flange sits lower than tile on underside too.
- Bibliography: Ö. Wikander 1986, p. 133, Ant F15 & Imb F17, figs. 58, 60; Winter 2009a, p. 85, 2.C.2, & p. 133, 2.G.3.b, fig. 2.31
- Publication record: Acquarossa VI.1: The roof-tiles. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Four concentric ridges
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Archeologico: Ant F15 & Imb F17 70-96 a-l
- Height: 10
- Width: 15.8R
- MPD: 67.4
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/E28FCFFD-AC29-47CF-BC8E-3D182CA1EA00