9016463, ATHENIAN, Athens, Agora Museum, P4661
- Vase Number: 9016463
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Shape Name: TILE
- Provenance: GREECE, ATHENS, AGORA
- Date: -525 to -475
- Current Collection: Athens, Agora Museum: P4661
- CAVI Collection: Athens, Agora P 4661.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of a coarse unglazed tile. From Athens. Unattributed.
Sixth or early fifth. *Vanderpool, Hesp. Suppl. 8 (1949)
403/17, pl. 59. AJA 39 (1935) 179, fig. 6 (bottom row, right).
*Lang, Agora 25, 133/1052, fig. 26 (dr,).
- CAVI Subject: Undecorated.
- CAVI Inscriptions: On the inside, Gr. : [b] Θρασυκλε(ς)[/b].
- CAVI Comments: NOT A VASE. Not in Agora 21. Vanderpool says it is "not
entirely certain" that this is an ostracon, as the
lettering looks early (alpha with curved top!); but the
context extends into the fifth century. Lang in Agora 25,
reading [b] Θρασυκλει[/b]?, lists this fr. as the only ostracon
against one Thrasykles, while also stressing the
uncertainty of its being an ostracon, especially if the
name is in the dative when it could be a tag. Cartwheel
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/E1D44402-F92B-43D2-88B0-F374C7C4BB0E