6086, Satricum, Temple of Mater Matuta I - Campanian roof
- Record number: 6086
- Site: Satricum
- Building or zone: Temple of Mater Matuta I - Campanian roof
- Position: Pediment corner
- Roof element: Acroteria, lateral
- Comparanda: 10237
- Remarks: Fragment of lateral acroterion of sphinx. Right wing tip, 3 fragments. Similar in scale and shape to 10237, but different paint. Largest piece (measurements given above) preserves 4 feathers, W feathers 2.8. Whereas 10237 is flat, this piece curves forward at tips.
- Type of decoration: Sphinx wing tip
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia: 10238/4-6
- Height: 12.5
- Width: 13
- MPD: 2.2
- Clay: 10YR 7/3
- Paint: Cream slip front and back 10YR 7/3 (on back 10YR 8/2). Red 10R 4/6. Cream feathers alternately painted with black outline and red central band.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/D3CE8CA2-90B9-4B60-A09D-E08D18DE2A75