9016649, ATHENIAN, Athens, Agora Museum, P14691
- Vase Number: 9016649
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Shape Name: AMPHORA, NECK, FRAGMENT
- Provenance: GREECE, ATHENS, AGORA
- Date: -650 to -600
- Current Collection: Athens, Agora Museum: P14691
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=543
- AVI Record Number: 483
- CAVI Collection: Athens, Agora P 14,691.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of SOS amphora. From Athens. Unattributed. Early sixth (Johnston). Late
- CAVI Subject: Preserved decoration not known to me.
- CAVI Inscriptions: On the shoulder, Gr.: Ατρ]ο̣μετ[ο]ς̣.
- CAVI Comments: The dr. in Lang (1976) omits the final sigma, for which see Brann (1962). The
restoration is Vanderpool's (see Brann (1962)) who considered it an owner's
name, in which he is followed by Brann and Lang, but if the final sigma really
belongs, the nom. is peculiar; see however Agora P 17,380.
- CAVI Number: 0483
- AVI Bibliography: Brann (1962), p. 33, and fig. 1 (dr.). — Lang (1976), F 7, pl. 11 (dr.). —
Johnston (1978a), 108/65. — AttScr (1990), no. 42.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/D38B917F-C7AD-4DFF-8C45-033EC97E9EC8