4053, Capua, S. Maria di Capua Vetere
- Record number: 4053
- Site: Capua
- Building or zone: S. Maria di Capua Vetere
- Position: Pediment
- Roof element: Pedimental sculpture
- Comparanda: Pergamon altar
- Remarks: Young male figure, nude, looking upwards to left, drawing mantle over head. Hollow, handmade, with large round opening (vent hole) in back, RH 13. W neck 13. H base of neck-waist 30.4. Strongly modelled torso, very muscular. Short curly hair, thick. Eyes deep-set with pupils outlined and dot for center. Mouth open with top teeth visible. Bought from P. Arndt. Szilagyi, J. Gy. Believes not from same group as 4028.
- Bibliography: Hekler 1929, pp. 110-114, no. & fig. 103, from same group as 4028; Szilagyi 1988, p. 79, 74.k Capua
- Publication record: Ant. Möv.
Die Sammlung antiker Skulpturen, Museum der bildenden Künste in Budapest.
- Type of decoration: Niobid
- Current Collection: Szépmüveszeti Muzeum: 4799
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 64
- Width: 57R
- MPD: 23.5
- Clay: 2.5YR 6/4
- Paint: Surface covered with light beige slip 10YR 7/3. Possible brown paint 7.5YR 5/4.
- Condition: Arms missing (right upper arm restored), broken through hips. Restored from many pieces.
- Height face: 16
- Distance outer eyes: 9.1
- Width nose bottom: 3.2
- Width mouth: 3.9
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/D3389442-ABEF-423E-A209-451EF405B1FE