- Record number: 2609
- Site: Caere
- Roof element: Revetment plaques,figural
- Comparanda: 2nd example from excavations at Caere, S. Antonio
- Remarks: Flat plaque (Th 2.2) with nail hole in scar at top. In high relief, stepped altar (H 16.7) with 5 rows of blocks (W 3.1-3.7). At top black cavetto (H 2.1) surmounted by half-round (H 2.1) and red flat element (H 2.2). At bottom, raised border (H 1.3), painted red. On soffit oblique white and red bands (W 1.6).
- Bibliography: Kästner 2006, pp. 77-78, no. 1, fig. 7.1; Winter 2009a, pp. 451-452, 6.D.1.c, Ill. 6.14
- Publication record: Ikonographisch bemerkenswerte Fragmente von spätarchaischen Terrakottenfriesen aus Cerveteri in der Berliner Antikensammlung
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Altar
- Current Collection: Antikensammlung: TC 2020x
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 21.9
- Width: 17.9
- MPD: 5.4
- Clay: 5YR 6/6
- Paint: Blocks of altar painted alternately red/cream with black steps. Black cavetto, cream half-round, red flat top element, bottom raised edge. Oblique red and white bands on soffit. Cream 10YR 7/3. Red 7.5R 4/4. Black. Brown-red blocks 2.5YR 5/4.
- Condition: 2 joining fragments
- Thickness plaque: 2.2
- Thickness including relief: 5.4
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/D2FC280D-F99E-4B60-BABC-CDDE2710E524