1062, Rome, Velia
- Record number: 1062
- Site: Rome
- Building or zone: Velia
- Position: Ridge
- Roof element: Acroteria, human statues?
- Remarks: Female head, wearing black helmet, with white skin, slanting left eye short broad nose, full painted brown lips, heavy chin, and painted brown necklace band with black pendents. Eye is raised flat surface with black paint for all details. Handmade, built up in layers, finger smoothed inside of back: probably was hollow head in round.
- Bibliography: Iacopi 1974, p. 44; fig. 42; Briguet 1977, no. 727; Cristofani 1981b, p. 196; La grande Roma 1990, p. 143, 6.6; Winter 2009a, p.380, 5.E.1.a, fig. 5.35
- Publication record: Aspects de l'art des Etrusques dans les collections du Louvre
La grande Roma dei Tarquini
Riflessioni sulla decorazione architettonica di prima fase in Etruria e a Roma
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Athena (Menerva) head
- Current Collection: Antiquarium forense: 3411bis
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 12.7
- Width: 8.3
- MPD: 6.8
- Clay: 2.5Y 6/6
- Paint: White skin 2.5Y 8/2, brown 10YR 5/4, black
- Condition: Preserves left side of head & part of neck
- Width nose bottom: 2.5
- Width mouth: 3.3
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/CF050844-C918-458C-A81C-1F05B6A86BC4