2370, Velletri, Temple "delle Stimmate"
- Record number: 2370
- Site: Velletri
- Building or zone: Temple "delle Stimmate"
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Comparanda: 20412
- Remarks: Female head antefix. Cover tile mounted 7.7 above bottom, 5.8 below top. Back of head hollowed to uniform thickness (Th 1.8), including bottom edge. H ear 4.5.
- Bibliography: Andrén 1940, pp. 413-414, no. I:9, Pl. 129:453; Gjerstad 1961, p. 89, fig. 12-15; Winter 1978, p. 38, pl.15.3; Cristofani 1987b, p. 98, fig. 23; La grande Roma 1990, pp. 204-205, 8.6.24; Winter et al. 2009, Table 3; Winter 2009a, pp. 344-346,
- Publication record: Archaic architectural terracottas decorated with human heads
Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples
Discussions concerning early Rome
I santuari: tradizioni decorative
La grande Roma dei Tarquini
New light on the production of decorated roofs of the 6th c. B.C. at sites in and around Rome
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Female head
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale: 21583
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 19.4
- Width: 16.5
- MPD: 14
- Clay: 7.5YR 6/4
- Height head: 16
- Height face: 12.8
- Distance outer eyes: 7.8
- Width nose bottom: 3.3
- Width mouth: 4
- Inner H cover tile: 5
- Outer H cover tile: 6
- Inner W cover tile: 7.8
- Outer W cover tile: 10.8
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/C502F62E-96AF-4437-A658-7711A2AB8F7C