9017522, ATHENIAN, Poseidi, Archaeological Museum
- Vase Number: 9017522
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: PLAIN
- Shape Name: CUP FRAGMENT
- Provenance: GREECE, MACEDONIA, CHALKIDIKE, POSEIDI, SANCTUARY OF POSEIDON
- Date: -500 to -450
- Current Collection: Poseidi, Archaeological Museum
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=7084
- AVI Record Number: 6838
- CAVI Collection: Poseidi.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of plain cup. From Poseidi, Sanctuary of Poseidon. Unattributed. First
half fifth (Vokotopoulou).
- CAVI Subject: A: no figured decoration: the lip is BG; the handle zone is reserved.
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: In the handle zone, in very large letters, a Gr. two-liner: [--]ιμαχος
μαν̣[ε]θηκε | [---(?) Π]ο̣σειδωνι vacat.
- CAVI Comments: Poseidi is a promontory near Mende in the Chalcidice. I cannot see the first
extant letter in line 2. Vokotopoulou mentions that there are many other Attic
figured frs. from this excavation. The inscription is not Attic.
- CAVI Number: 6838
- AVI Bibliography: Vokotopoulou (1990), 317, pl. 142,α.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/C32E7FDA-6D91-44F7-8B59-572B5C404E69