- Record number: 7337
- Site: Caere(?)
- Position: Eaves
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Remarks: Female head antefix. Fragment of left side of head with part of cover tile, including finished bottom edge above overhang. Diam earring 2.9.
- Bibliography: Wohl 1984, pp. 111-113, fig. 1; Cristofani 1986b, p. 20, no. 4; Winter 2009a, pp. 429-430, 6.C.2.c
- Publication record: Nuovi dati per la storia urbana di Caere
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
Three female head antefixes from Etruria
- Type of decoration: Female head
- Current Collection: J. Paul Getty Museum: 81.AD.97
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 11
- Width: 5.1
- MPD: 14.2
- Clay: 2.5YR 6/6
- Paint: Yellow-buff slip 10YR 7/4 for face skin, eyeball, ear, stripes on cover tile behind hair, wavy lines on hair. Red earring center 10R 3/4. Brown earring rosette petals, ear details 5YR 4/6.
- Thickness tile: 2.4
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/BF8925CA-8644-4ECC-AA60-9BE075FBDFD8