6548, Veii, Portonaccio sanctuary
- Record number: 6548
- Site: Veii
- Building or zone: Portonaccio sanctuary
- Roof element: Revetment plaques,figural
- Comparanda: Velletri chariot race to right
- Remarks: Figural revetment plaque of relief chariot. Preserves part of triga to right of which remains part of chariot, one leg of charioteer and tip of horses' tails. Now has tails of 3 horse added above. Crisp mould. H chariot box 6.7.
- Bibliography: Stefani 1953, p. 57, fig. 32g; Gantz 1974-1975, pp. 5-6, no. 5, fig. 37; Winter 2009a, pp. 353-354, 5.D.1.a
- Publication record: Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
Terracotta figured friezes from the workshop of Vulca
The procession frieze from the Etruscan sanctuary at Poggio Civitate
Veio. Tempio detto dell'Apollo. Esplorazione e sistemazione del santuario
- Type of decoration: Relief chariot race
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 12.8
- Width: 11.4
- Clay: 10YR 4/4-4/6
- Paint: Surface 10R 4/6.
- Thickness plaque: 1.5
- Thickness including relief: 2.3
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/BE18B636-CC04-42D5-9E7C-E61C4D751331