7140, Acquarossa, Sporadic
- Record number: 7140
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Sporadic
- Roof element: Revetment plaques
- Remarks: Fragment of revetment plaque of Type II. Fragment of vertical plaque with transition to horizontal element. Upper finished edge. Painted decoraiton: horizontal line along upper edge, pendent, interlocked semicircles suspended from a circle. From the bottom of each semicircle, 5 vertical lines. Black incrustation has taken place of white paint. Thick!!
- Bibliography: CÖ. Wikander 1981, p. 155, figs. 92, 95; Winter 2009a, pp. 89-92, 2.D.1.a
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Interlocked semicircles with pendent lines
- Current Collection: Excavation storerooms in Palazzo S. Pietro: Rev Sp31 75-454
- MPD: 2.8
- Clay: Brown
- Paint: Light gray-brown slip covered with dark red paint. White-on-red decoration
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/BCD8DDD5-7D84-443B-81FD-D884ED584707