7098, Acquarossa, Zone F, Roof F:2
- Record number: 7098
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone F, Roof F:2
- Roof element: Revetment plaques,figural
- Remarks: Fragment of revetment plaque Type II A vertical plaque with portion of horizontal element. Complete height. Bottom, upper finished edges. One nail hole partly preserved. Painted decoration: horizontal lines along bottom and upper edges. Main motif: freize of birds facing right. Tail of one bird, body, feet, tail and possibly head of another, very faint traces of possible third.
- Bibliography: CÖ. Wikander 1981, p. 58, figs. 31, 38; Winter 2009a, pp. 89-92, 2.D.1.a
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Birds
- Current Collection: Excavation storerooms in Palazzo S. Pietro: Rev F79 72-306 + 72-316 + 723-20
- Height: 18.7
- Clay: Grey-brown
- Paint: Grey-brown slip covered with dark red paint. White-on-red decoration
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/B2EDFD21-801D-404A-8EDC-ABF617195071