1638, ATHENIAN, Bryn Mawr (PA), Bryn Mawr College, P.988
- Vase Number: 1638
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: CUP FRAGMENT
- Date: -500 to -450
- Attributed To: Manner of MAKRON by ASHMEAD
- Decoration: A: GOAT ON ROCK (JUDGEMENT OF PARIS ?)
- Current Collection: Bryn Mawr (PA), Bryn Mawr College: P.988 (View on Bryn Mawr College site)
- Publication Record: Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum: BRYN MAWR, BRYN MAWR COLLEGE, 29, PL.(600) 20.1 View Whole CVA Plates
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=3145
- AVI Record Number: 2991
- Bryn Mawr College Link: http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/158235
- CAVI Collection: Bryn Mawr P 988.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of RF cup. From the province of Syracuse, acquired 1963. Circle of
Makron. First quarter fifth. Ca. 490 (Ashmead–Phillips).
- CAVI Subject: Int.: BG. A: lower part of a goat walking over low hills (Judgment of
- CAVI Inscriptions: "Red Σ inside," A.&P.
- CAVI Comments: I take it the BG area inside is from the tondo.
- CAVI Number: 2991
- AVI Bibliography: A. Ashmead and K. Phillips, Jr., CVA Bryn Mawr 1, USA 13 (1971), pl 20,1.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/B2B4F94C-31C4-4022-9080-0D654C312BB2