6982, Acquarossa, Zone B
- Record number: 6982
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone B
- Roof element: Revetment plaques,figural
- Remarks: Fragment of revetment plaque of Type II A. Complete in height. Bottom edge preserved for 25 cm, upper edge for 36.5 cm, back edge for 19.5. One nail hole preserved, another partly preserved. Traces of painted decoration preserved on the right part of the plaque only. Traces of a horizontal band along upper edge. Below this, the hindquarters, neck and head of an animal facing right. Near the head, a curving ornament: stag with antlers?
- Bibliography: CÖ. Wikander 1981, p. 34, fig. 18; Winter 2009a, pp. 89-92, 2.D.1.a
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Stag with antlers(?) to right
- Current Collection: Excavation storerooms in Palazzo S. Pietro: Rev B54 69-228 + 69-268 a-b
- Height: 15
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/AA87CDD2-EA66-4008-8294-5DF50EB784CA