3867, Tarquinia, Ara della Regina
- Record number: 3867
- Site: Tarquinia
- Building or zone: Ara della Regina
- Roof element: Hanging curtains
- Remarks: Eaves tile curtain decorated with lotus and palmette. Several fragments representing 2 or 3 versions, one with less moulded detail, rounder forms, possible narrow round at top, part of channel for lead attachment. H 1st fragment, 12.6. Th plaque 2.7 +relief 3.1. Second fragment with more delicate modelling with thinner elements. H torus at top 1.5, D 3.4. Th plaque 2.5 + relief 3. Pointed central lotus leaf. Sandpapery fabric.
- Bibliography: Santuari d'Etruria 1985, p. 75, 4.4.A.12
- Publication record: Santuari d'Etruria
- Type of decoration: Palmette & lotus
- Current Collection: Museo Archeologico Nazionale: 4928
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 13.5
- Width: 12.5
- Paint: On 1 fragment black ground, red on top of lotus leaf and ground between leaf tips, black soffit. On 2nd fragment, black ground, red calyx, torus at top.
- Condition: 8 different fragments
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/A5715E1A-7986-4F2E-A370-0D0961155B47