2941, Poggio Civitate, T19 G50, J50
- Record number: 2941
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: T19 G50, J50
- Roof element: Waterspouts? Acroteria?
- Remarks: Top half of feline head above nose with finished bottom edge. Top and sides of head project above and below. Handmade, large-scale feline waterspout (?).Th wall 1.5. W eyebrow tips 15.7. W right eye 5.1. L nose 5.8. Architectural? Stored in Box 272.
- Bibliography: Newland 1994, p. 31, no. 4; Winter 2009a, p. 206, 3.E.4.a
- Publication record: Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The akroterial sculpture and architectural terracottas from the Upper Building at Murlo
- Type of decoration: Feline head
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate Storerooms: 77-227
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 15
- Width: 22.3
- MPD: 17.2
- Clay: 2.5YR 6/8
- Paint: Surface 2.5YR 6/6
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/A54A75CD-C823-44ED-8346-1EACC355C17E