7099, Acquarossa, Zone F
- Record number: 7099
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone F
- Roof element: Revetment plaques
- Remarks: Fragment of revetment plaque Type II A vertical plaque with portion of horizontal element. Complete height. Plaque thinned on underside to form a flange to the right. Bottom, right, upper edges preserved. Straight back edge of flange finished. W of flange 3.5-4.2. Th horizontal element 1.4, vertical plaque 1.8-2.7, flange 1.1-1.7. Painted decoration: horizontal band, W ca. 0.7, along bottom edge, horizontal line along upper edge. From the upper line is suspended an outlined triangle, the apex of which meets another horizontal line with another pendent triangle. Traces of a vertical line along short side. Backside slipped, top of horizontal element unslipped.
- Bibliography: CÖ. Wikander 1981, p. 58, figs. 30, 36; Winter 2009a, pp. 93-94, 2.D.2.a
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Pendent triangles
- Current Collection: Excavation storerooms in Palazzo S. Pietro: Rev F80 73-78
- Height: 18-18.4
- Width: 13
- MPD: 4.9
- Clay: Brown.
- Paint: Brown-red, covered with red paint. White-on-red decoration
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/A2AFB0D5-73E8-4431-A2C5-261BEB6177DD