912, Rome, S. Omobono?
- Record number: 912
- Site: Rome
- Building or zone: S. Omobono?
- Roof element: Roof model
- Remarks: Fragment preserves left part of roof, from curved ridge tile (W 2.9), central acroterion base, raking sima, 2 rows of flat pan tiles (visible W 5, D 8) & curved cover tiles (L. 8, W top 1.4, bottom 2.1), with scar from missing antefix at eaves, eaves tile (D 7, H taenia/drip 2.8 = revetment plaques?). End of raking sima rounded & projecting beyond corner eaves tile. Acroterion base at apex has raised edge (H from floor 2.4) with curved back corner.
- Bibliography: Mura Sommella 1993, p. 232, fig. 15; Winter et al. 2009, p. 16, Table 3
- Publication record: Ancora sulla decorazione plastica del tempio arcaico del Foro Boario: statue e acroteri
New light on the production of decorated roofs of the 6th c. B.C. at sites in and around Rome
- Type of decoration: Tiled roof
- Current Collection: Antiquarium Comunale: 15924 D
- Height: 4.4
- Width: 21
- MPD: 13.5
- Clay: 10YR 6/4
- Condition: Preserves left part of roof
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/9F93E222-0712-42D9-9286-9DFF7D6FB8AD