Menu
Search
Main SiteGandhara ConnectionsVase Corpus (CVA Online)
Search

6026, Satricum, Temple of Mater Matuta II

  • Record number: 6026
  • Site: Satricum
  • Building or zone: Temple of Mater Matuta II
  • Position: Pediment
  • Roof element: Columen/mutulus plaques
  • Remarks: Fragment of animal acroterion: foreleg of horse to left with curved wing attached above hoof. Originally painted on both sides.
  • Bibliography: Andrén 1940, p. 465, no. II:2q (mutulus plaque)
  • Publication record: Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples. Author: Andrén, A.. Place of publication: Lund/Leipzig. Publication Date: 1939-1940
  • Type of decoration: Winged foreleg of horse to left
  • Last Recorded Collection: Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia
  • Height: 18.2
  • Width: 13.3
  • MPD: 4.6
  • Clay: 7.5YR 7/4 9(fresh) -8/4(scraped)
  • Paint: Red stripe on wing.

Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/9EFCC31C-9F16-468C-8435-BDFB96C3AAF7

Site map Copyright Accessibility Privacy statement Contact us
Gandhara Connections
Gandhara Connections on Facebook
Gandhara Connections on Twitter
Back to top