3565, Poggio Civitate, Courtyard building
- Record number: 3565
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: Courtyard building
- Position: Ridge
- Roof element: Acroteria, human statues
- Remarks: Seated male figure preserving front of lap, with painted skirt; and booted feet on footrest/ledge. H skirt 34, W 22,5, MPH 11.7. Ledge H above tile edge 6.8 (bottom), 14.5 (top), W 27. L booted foot 20.5, W 7.8. Ledge edge 10 cm from short end.
- Bibliography: Phillips 1993, p.21; Bruni et al. 1988, fig. 52; Case e palazzi d'Etruria 1985, p.105, 3.264; Edlund-Berry 1992, I.1.3; Winter 2009a, pp. 196-198, 3.E.1.a, fig. 3.31, Ill. 3.8.1 (bottom part)
- Publication record: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate
Case e palazzi d'Etruria
In the hills of Tuscany. Recent excavations at the Etruscan site of Poggio Civitate (Murlo, Siena)
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The seated and standing statue akroteria from Poggio Civitate (Murlo)
- Type of decoration: Seated male figure
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate: 71-307 110974
- Mouldmade: no
- Paint: Painted skirt with red on top, white-on-red meander H 3.5, tall white band H 14 with central horizontal red stripe H 1.4.
- Width ridge tile: 41.7
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/9E777629-B38B-42FA-AD33-1A6E1CC38135