7281, Acquarossa, Zone G, Roof G:1
- Record number: 7281
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone G, Roof G:1
- Roof element: Tiles, eaves(?)
- Remarks: Eaves(?) tile Type I A decorated on soffit with painted horses and birds. Fragmentary pan tile with painted underside, outer edges left rough and unpainted, W ca. 2.5. White stripe frame with panels subdivided by oblique lines with left panel of horse to right, top panel of horse to right, right panel bird to left, bottom panel of bird and horse to right. Rear left corner trimmed before firing at diagonal, narrowing width towards back.
- Bibliography: C. Wikander 1981, p. 115, figs. 71, 72, Teg G7; Ö. Wikander 1986, p. 165, Teg G7, fig. 90; Winter 2009a, p. 125, 2.F.1.c
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Acquarossa VI.1: The roof-tiles. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Painted horses & birds
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Archeologico: Teg G7 67-2092 + 68-102 + 68-125 + -128 + -131/133 + 68-152 a-b + -155 a-b + 156 a-e +68-157 + 68-276 a-b + 68-278 _ -279 + -285 + 68-348 + -420 + 75-5038
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 2.2
- Width: 53.5
- MPD: 59.5
- Paint: White-on-red decoration.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/9D291B0C-E345-4A79-A00B-E1061F5A0CD4