- Record number: 5819
- Site: Capua(?)
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Remarks: Antefix plaque with small female head in diadem, surrounded by floral elements: at either side of head, lotus leaves bordered by a flat fascia ending in a volute, above head 5 thick cordoned tongues of palmette. "Krobylos" hairdo with 2 beaded strands coiled over & around ears, falling downwards toward neck & drawn upwards again to be held in place by bands alongside bottom of ears. Th plaque at lotus tip 3.2. Back of plaque flat and smooth with cream slip. Possible black paint around top of cover tile. All proveniences are unsubstantiated in Louvre, except for recent attributions to Tuscania.
- Associated elements: Identical mould to S1095
- Type of decoration: Palmette/ lotus/ female head
- Current Collection: Musée du Louvre: Cat. 297
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 31.1
- Width: 33.6
- Clay: 7.5YR 6/6
- Paint: Ivory slip on palmette tongues, skin, volute band, etc. 10YR 7/2. Red-brown on inner outline of 2nd and 4th palmette leaf, band on top of diadem, outline of ears, pendants on necklace, central of 3 painted palmette leaves below chiton edge, outline of lotus leaves and of flat volute band, calyx of lotus, chiton edge dots, bottom band 5R 4/3. Black inner outline of 1st, 3rd, 5th palmette leaves, dots on diadem front, hair, eyebrows, lids, pupils, necklace band, 1st and 3rd painted palmette leaves below chiton edge, bands on top of chiton edge, center of lotus leaves, volute eyes, added leaf at tendril, interstices of volute curve, horizontal band on flat volute band.
- Condition: Top part preserved down to bottom of lotus. Missing part of palmette frame around head.
- Height face: 7.1
- Distance outer eyes: 4.7
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/982D355B-CCF4-41A4-AC25-F61B2EE4735A