7280, Acquarossa, Zone G, Roof G:1
- Record number: 7280
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone G, Roof G:1
- Roof element: Tiles, eaves(?)
- Remarks: Eaves(?) tile I decorated on soffit with painted horses to right and bird/deer. Painted on flat underside, in center of tile, with rough edges probably on all 4 sides, W ca. 2. White stripe, W ca. 1, borders field which is subdivided into 2 panels. Top one mostly preserved: horse to right with bird perched on tail. Bottom panel has horse head. At top side of painted panels, pan tile raised side border finishes short of tile upper edge. Back right corner has rounded side edge, cut before firing.
- Bibliography: CÖ. Wikander 1981, p. 115, figs. 69, 70; Winter 2009a, p. 125, 2.F.1.c
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Horses to right and bird/deer
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Archeologico: Teg G5 67-2066 a-h
- Mouldmade: no
- Paint: White-on-red decoration.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/9709EEB9-08B1-43F8-8C33-5F4F9240C2BB