7089, Acquarossa, Zone F
- Record number: 7089
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone F
- Roof element: Revetment plaques
- Comparanda: Rev M22, Rev M33
- Remarks: Fragment of revetment plaque of Type II A. Fragment of vertical plaque, bottom edge preserved. Painted decoration: Horizontal band, W 0.8, along bottom edge. Above this, reclining S-pattern, with each S composed of 3 lines. Above this, another horizontal band, W 0.9, ca. 1.7 from another above, W 0.7; above this last, traces of a recurring S-pattern. Painted handmade guilloche.
- Bibliography: CÖ. Wikander 1981, p. 56, figs. 30, 36; Winter 2009a, pp. 89-92, 2.D.1.a
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Painted handmade guilloche
- Current Collection: Excavation storerooms in Palazzo S. Pietro: Rev F70 73-208 a-b + 73-219 a-b
- Clay: Brown 2.5YR 3/6
- Paint: Light brown slip 5YR 5/4, covered with brown-red paint. Red paint 10R 4/4-4/6. Cream 10YR 8/3.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/95968292-DFCD-4903-BF8F-A17F6D280A1B