9016806, ATHENIAN, Unknown, excavation
- Vase Number: 9016806
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: BLACK GLAZE
- Shape Name: CUP FRAGMENT
- Provenance: GREECE, ATTICA, RHAMNOUS
- Date: -475 to -425
- Current Collection: Unknown, excavation
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=7149
- AVI Record Number: 6900
- CAVI Collection: Rhamnous.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of [BG?] cup. From Rhamnous, Dexamene. Unattributed. Mid-fifth.
- CAVI Subject: No figured decoration.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Gr.: Βιον.
- CAVI Comments: P. considers this an owner's mark, but the dr. looks as if written on the
inside. There are letters on a number of cup feet (underneath) which are
probably, as he says, owner's Grr.; he thinks the cups belonged to workmen
working on the temple.
- CAVI Number: 6900
- AVI Bibliography: Petrakos (1984), A', 186, no. 57, fig. 14 (dr.).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/877C06BD-F4FB-41B7-B157-3D37E32AE2E1