5837, Caere (?)
- Record number: 5837
- Site: Caere (?)
- Position: Eaves
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Comparanda: Copenhagen NCG HIN 894, HIN 900, HIN 901, HIN 902; Berlin TC 6681.4 (9); Leipzig TK 366; Paris Louvre Cp 4055; Rome La Sapienza M 275; Rome MNR 380163, 380164, perhaps also 380162; possibly also Tübingen S/10 2240; Vatican 13846
- Remarks: Female head antefix. Preserves only head. All proveniences are unsubstantiated in Louvre, except for recent attributions to Tuscania.
- Bibliography: Andrén 1940, p. 22, no. I:4d, pl. 6:18 (with restored shell, not belonging); Briguet 1989, p. 202, n.138; Winter 2009a, pp. 428-429, 6.C.2.a
- Publication record: Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples
Le sarcophage des époux de Cerveteri du Musée du Louvre
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Female head wearing painted earrings & necklace
- Current Collection: Musée du Louvre: Cp 5185
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 16.8
- Width: 12.3
- MPD: 9.4
- Clay: 5YR 6/6
- Paint: Surface slip beige 10YR 6/4. Black hair, eyebrows, lids, pupils, ear outlines, stripe of necklace. Red lips, dot earrings, necklace cross-stripes 5R 3/4.
- Height face: 11.4
- Distance outer eyes: 7.9
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/820BE809-6950-46DC-AAF2-25EBEAA3267A