9017640, ATHENIAN, Athens, National Museum, Athens, National Museum, CC1548
- Vase Number: 9017640
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: PYXIS
- Date: -450 to -400
- Decoration: Body: DOMESTIC, WOMEN, ONE WITH WREATH, ONE WITH WOOL, ONE WITH BRANCH AND BOX, EROTES, ONE WITH NECKLACE, KALATHOI
- Current Collection: Athens, National Museum: 1593
- Previous Collections:
- Athens, National Museum: CC1548
- Publication Record: Immerwahr, H., A Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions, Preliminary Edition (1998): 799
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=913
- AVI Record Number: 799
- CAVI Collection: Athens, N.M. 1593.
- CAVI Lemma: RF pyxis with lid. Unattributed. Fifth.
- CAVI Subject: Body: A and B separated by a column adorned with a taenia. A: Eros presenting
a woman with a necklace; she reaches for a wreath. B: woman with a strand of
wool(?); kalathos; branches. Woman with a branch and box; kalathos.
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: near Eros: καλο[ς]. Near the woman: καλ[ο]ς.
- CAVI Comments: Inscriptions after CC. A festive and a workaday side; the inscriptions are on
- CAVI Number: 0799
- AVI Bibliography: Collignon–Couve (1902–4), no. 1548.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/7B2741EC-9FBB-4C48-9091-B00BE7BE7EC7