636, Caere, Vigna Parrocchiale
- Record number: 636
- Site: Caere
- Building or zone: Vigna Parrocchiale
- Position: Pediment slopes?
- Roof element: Raking simas
- Comparanda: 85.199 (= meander); Andrén 1940, p. 28, No. II:7; Berlin 2048x, 2066x, 2068x
- Remarks: Face of projecting square, hollow element (H 6.2, D 7.5, Th wall 2.1) decorated with elaborate cross meander. Square attached to plaque (MPH 14,Th 3.7) with scar of plaque at base of it and at right angle to it. Back side painted brown. Soffit with 2 bands (D 10.9), black at edge, red inner, flanking multipetal rosette (Diam 8)
- Bibliography: Cristofani 1992a, p. 38, Type VII, B 21, figs. 68, 70 and Pl. 3 (soffit); Winter 2009a, pp. 423-424, 6.A.3, Ill. 6.6
- Publication record: Caere 3.1. Lo scarico arcaico della Vigna Parrocchiale
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Painted meander/rosette
- Current Collection: C.N.R. storerooms at Banditaccia necropolis: 83.69-1
- Height: 14
- Clay: 5YR 5/6
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/7843D9E0-A858-4EA6-9BBA-49AD52F14F48