6259, Satricum, Temple of Mater Matuta II
- Record number: 6259
- Site: Satricum
- Building or zone: Temple of Mater Matuta II
- Roof element: Columen/mutulus plaques
- Remarks: Fragment of columen/mutulus plaque preserving helmeted female head. Left ear and part of cheek of female head covered by helmet (diadem-shaped front and cheek-piece) with black hair below it and portion of wing attached above ear.
- Bibliography: Andrén 1940, p. 463, no. II:2e, pl. 143:497
- Publication record: Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples
- Type of decoration: Helmeted female head
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia: 10059
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 8
- Width: 8
- MPD: 3.5
- Paint: Raised edge to cheekpiece painted red with black edges(?); on flat surface, red triangles with black dots at tips. Behind ear painted surface with gold paint, above which brown tongue with gold center. Then white area with 2 brown stripes. Top of helmet gold 10YR 6/4.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/66C6B270-4708-49A6-8F35-E6B33824DE7E