7282, Acquarossa, Zone G, Roof G:1
- Record number: 7282
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone G, Roof G:1
- Roof element: Tiles, eaves(?)
- Remarks: Eaves(?) tile Type I A decorated on soffit with painted horses to right, birds, snakes. Painted underside of pan tile with rough edges, W ca. 2-2.5, on all 4 sides. Red surface onto which white band frame painted, W 1.1. 2 panels: top one has bird in air, horse to right with upright snake biting phallus and bird between forelegs. Bottom panel equal, except no bird at back of horse. Back right corner has rounded side edge, narrowing width.
- Bibliography: C. Wikander 1981, p. 115, figs. 73, 74, Teg G8; Ö. Wikander 1986, p. 165, Teg G8, figs. 90, 91; Winter 2009a,pp. 121-122, 2.F.1.a, ill. 2.19.1, & p. 125, 2.F.1.c , figs. 2.26, 2.27
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Acquarossa VI.1: The roof-tiles. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Painted horses to right & birds & snakes
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Archeologico: Teg G8 68-143 a-f + -144 a-f + 68-144 g + 68-146 a-h + -150 + 68-149
- Mouldmade: no
- Paint: White-on-red decoration.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/65E83A30-C010-49D7-8E49-1F7EE3F74C72