- Record number: 3483
- Site: Caere
- Roof element: Antefixes, heads
- Comparanda: 10 similar examples known with H 43-49.5 cm: Vatican 13978; Copenhagen NCG, HIN 70 (H. 250), London BM, 1893 (B621), 1863 (B622), Philadelphia, University Museum MS 1802, MS 1803, MS 1826, New York MMA GR 1040
- Remarks: Antefix with female head wearing diadem, large earrings, drapery, surrounded by floral shell with 3 upright palmettes alternating with 2 lotus flowers. Strut. Heavily restored.
- Bibliography: Walters 1903, p. 175, B622; Andrén 1940, pp. 57-58, no. IV:6
- Publication record: Architectural terracottas from Etrusco-Italic Temples
Catalog of terracottas in the British Museum
- Associated elements: 1893 (B621). Counterpart to Silen heads.
- Type of decoration: Female head wearing diadem, large earrings, drapery/floral shell frame
- Current Collection: British Museum: 1863 (B622)
- Mouldmade: yes
- Height: 48.4R
- Width: 46R
- Clay: 10YR 6/3
- Paint: Cream slip 10YR 6/3. Pink-red around edges and surrounding head 7.5R 4/4. Purple-red dress, lips, pupils 7.5R 3/4. Pale blue palmette heart 7.5R 6/Ng/. black ground for flowers. Gold earrings, hair, diadem 10YR 6/6.
- Height face: 14
- Distance outer eyes: 9
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/635240AB-2383-4E2C-B224-567988C25C21