1399, ATHENIAN, Boston (MA), Museum of Fine Arts, 61.110
- Vase Number: 1399
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: BLACK-FIGURE
- Shape Name: SKYPHOS
- Date: -550 to -500
- Decoration: A: EROTIC, YOUTHS, BETWEEN PALMETTES
B: EROTIC, MAN AND YOUTH, YOUTHS, BETWEEN PALMETTES
- Current Collection: Boston (MA), Museum of Fine Arts: 61.110
- Publication Record: Antike Kunst: 12 (1969), 12, FIG.6, PL.8.2, 4 (A, B, DRAWING)
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=2952
- AVI Record Number: 2804
- CAVI Collection: Boston 61.110.
- CAVI Lemma: BF skyphos. Painter of Louvre F 6. Second half sixth (Bea. Arch.). Late sixth
- CAVI Subject: Handle zone: erotic: A: four boys: of those in the middle, that on the right
ορχιπεδιζει his companion on his left; the two boys at right have erections. B:
four figures: in the middle, a bearded man with an erection ορχιπεδιζει the boy
on his left who holds a cloth before him.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Nonsense: partly imitation letters: A, B, each: to left and right of the
scene: A: at left: ποταχο(σ)ττ. At right: (.)λ̣ε(.)(.)ϝ(.)(.). B:
- CAVI Comments: E. V. compares Toronto 344, Robinson–Harcum (1930), pl. 52, Beazley (1947),
- CAVI Number: 2804
- AVI Bibliography: BADB 1399 (no other bibl.). — Museum card. — E.T. Vermeule (1969), 12/9, fig.
6 (facs. of inscriptions), pl. 8,2,4.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/61CEA890-3C2B-4B57-84BF-F232C3F9279F