9017346, ATHENIAN (?), London, British Museum, London, British Museum, 1965,0930.747
- Vase Number: 9017346
- Fabric: ATHENIAN (?)
- Technique: PLAIN
- Shape Name: FRAGMENT
- Provenance: EGYPT, NAUCRATIS
- Date: -525 to -475
- Current Collection: London, British Museum: 1965.9-30.747 (View on British Museum site)
- Previous Collections:
- London, British Museum: 1965,0930.747
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=4923
- AVI Record Number: 4747
- British Museum Link: https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/object/G_1965-0930-747
- CAVI Collection: London 1965.9-30.747.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of closed plain vase (Attic?). From Naukratis (perhaps). Unattributed.
Late sixth or early fifth.
- CAVI Subject: Undecorated.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Gr.: in two lines, both running into the break at right: |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
[--] | αγοραν̣[ομ--].
- CAVI Comments: The seven drachma signs are verticals with short strokes diagonally downward
from the middle, giving a price. For other price inscriptions from Naukratis see
Johnston (1979), 20. Johnston thinks this fr. was a label.
- CAVI Number: 4747
- AVI Bibliography: Johnston (1979), 61 n. 53 and fig. 14,h (facs.).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
- Pleiades URI: https://pleiades.stoa.org/places/727169
- Coordinates: 30.954058,30.522766
- Pleiades Coordinates: 30.900508,30.5919275
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/5B292819-374B-43D2-9E81-FF516D1B1091