8433, ATHENIAN, Dallas (TX), Museum of Art
- Vase Number: 8433
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: BLACK-FIGURE
- Shape Name: CUP LITTLE MASTER BAND
- Date: -550 to -500
- Decoration: A,B: WARRIORS AND WARRIORS ON HORSEBACK BETWEEN PALMETTES
- Current Collection: Dallas (TX), Museum of Art
- Publication Record: Bromberg, A.R. and Kilinski, K., Gods, Men and Heroes, Ancient Art at the Dallas Museum of Art (Dallas, 1996): 66-67, NO.26 (COLOUR OF A AND B)
Hoffmann, H., Ten Centuries that Shaped the West (Houston, 1970): 352-353, NO.167 (A, B)
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=3518
- AVI Record Number: 3343
- CAVI Collection: Dallas, Museum of Fine Arts.
- CAVI Lemma: BF band cup. Unattributed. Third quarter sixth.
- CAVI Subject: A, B, each: horsemen, hoplites, draped men.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Handle zone: nonsense: A: 13 inscriptions. B: 10 inscriptions. Dots or blots.
- CAVI Comments: A multifigured band cup. The inscriptions disposed as if naming the figures,
including the horses, but at the end of the scenes the painter has omitted some
inscriptions. Some inscriptions may start with epsilon. - Is this the LM cup
Dallas 1968.2 mentioned by K. Stanley, Duke University Museum cat. p. 32, as
having a battle with many nonsense inscriptions?
- CAVI Number: 3343
- AVI Bibliography: Photos in Beazley Archive. — NNN (1968), DMFA Newsletter no. 5 (May 1968):
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/3E2EAFCE-C8F7-48FD-A059-AAE842831E67