6944, Acquarossa, Zone F, Roof F:11
- Record number: 6944
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone F, Roof F:11
- Roof element: Lateral simas
- Remarks: Lateral sima I with ram's head/spout. Front left corner and side. Cross wall with cordoned fluting across top, H 5.2, Th 2.5. Thicker near spout than at side edge. Tile in front of crosswall D 4.1, Th 1.8, behind crosswall Th 2.2. Bottom uneven, imbedded with sand.
- Bibliography: Ö. Wikander 1986, p. 146, fig. 75; Winter 2009a, pp. 80-81, 2.B.1.b
- Publication record: Acquarossa VI.1: The roof-tiles. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Current Collection: Excavation storerooms in Palazzo S. Pietro: Sima F56 71-141
- Mouldmade: yes
- Clay: 2.5YR 4/6
- Inner H raised side edge: 1.3
- Outer H raised side edge: 3.9
- Width raised side edge: 2.7
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/3A61EC07-6547-4191-9094-F61B216FFCAB