9016655, ATHENIAN, Athens, Agora Museum, P15108
- Vase Number: 9016655
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Shape Name: AMPHORA, NECK, FRAGMENT
- Provenance: GREECE, ATHENS, AGORA
- Date: -450 to -400
- Current Collection: Athens, Agora Museum: P15108
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=555
- AVI Record Number: 494
- CAVI Collection: Athens, Agora P 15,108.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. from upper part of amphora. From Athens. Unattributed. Second half fifth
- CAVI Subject: No figured decoration preserved.
- CAVI Inscriptions: On neck and shoulder, Gr.: αντεγ[-- | --]ψ̣αρ[--.
- CAVI Comments: Lang reads the second line retr., but the individual letters are not retr.
(at least the rho is not). She reads: αντεγ|ραψ[ε ο δεινα, and translates, with
a query: "So and so checked the account". I accepted this in AttScr, perhaps too
hastily. The psi is uncertain. Ionic alphabet. Perhaps not written by an
- CAVI Number: 0494
- AVI Bibliography: Lang (1976), K 6, pl. 55 (dr.). — AttScr (1990), no. 848.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/2A373517-05A0-41BF-B8E0-34E1E8B3D995