9016772, ATHENIAN, Athens, Agora Museum, P12212
- Vase Number: 9016772
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: BLACK GLAZE
- Shape Name: AMPHORA, BELLY, FRAGMENT
- Provenance: GREECE, ATHENS, AGORA
- Date: -600 to -550
- Current Collection: Athens, Agora Museum: P12212
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=500
- AVI Record Number: 445
- CAVI Collection: Athens, Agora P 12,212.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. from wall of BG amphora. From Athens. Unattributed. First half sixth.
- CAVI Subject: Undecorated.
- CAVI Inscriptions: On the inside, Gr.: Ευ(φ)ρο[--], retr.
- CAVI Comments: Name-on-sherd. - V.&S. discuss whether the third letter is an incomplete
theta (Euthron occurs in an inscription from Issa in Dalmatia, CIG ii, 1834),
but prefer Euphron or Euphronios, as does Lang (who also refers to Euthronios,
Lang (1976), F 43, Ευθρονιδ̣[Ο], early fifth, which however is probably
Ευ(φ)ρονιδ̣[ο], with phi miswritten as theta. For the shapes of phi see AttScr
(1990), 163-64, and the parallels given by Lang.
- CAVI Number: 0445
- AVI Bibliography: Vanderpool and Stamires ms. — Lang (1976), 18/D 15, pl. 7 (dr.).
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/29F0B8AD-7A4E-442D-8D3D-99DE32EB97DA