3571, Poggio Civitate, T9/Courtyard building
- Record number: 3571
- Site: Poggio Civitate
- Building or zone: T9/Courtyard building
- Position: Ridge
- Roof element: Acroteria, human statues
- Remarks: Half life-sized figure in chitoniskos, kneeling on right knee with left leg forward and bent. Hollow, handmade, fairly smoothly finished inside, with some finger marks. L right foot 12.5, not counting bent toes. Th wall 1.7-2.3. L knee to bottom of foot 24.5. Bottom of knee and toes flat, detached probably from ridge tile. Probably mounted along ridge axis.
- Bibliography: Case e palazzi d'Etruria 1985, p.106, 3.272; Edlund-Berry 1992, p. 223, no. A.1, fig. 98; Winter 2009a, p. 201, 3.E.2.a, fig. 3.34
- Publication record: Case e palazzi d'Etruria
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
The seated and standing statue akroteria from Poggio Civitate (Murlo)
- Type of decoration: Running/kneeling figure (running Gorgon?)
- Current Collection: Antiquarium di Poggio Civitate: 69-229 111687
- Mouldmade: no
- Height: 26.2
- Width: 45
- MPD: 12.8
- Clay: Light brown with thick gray core
- Paint: Surface 5YR 6/6. Traces of red on knee edge similar to skin color.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/28B217C4-ED31-4EFD-A6CA-B55CFE7A78E9