9017185, ATHENIAN, -, unknown
- Vase Number: 9017185
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: FRAGMENT
- Inscriptions: Named: GLAUKOS
- Decoration: MAN WITH FLOWER, NAMED (? GLAUKOS)
- Current Collection: -, unknown
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=8151
- AVI Record Number: 7862
- CAVI Collection: Unlocated.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of RF vase. Unattributed. Date unclear.
- CAVI Subject: A bearded and wreathed man holding out a flower.
- CAVI Inscriptions: Before the man, remains of an inscription: Glaukos.
- CAVI Comments: Surely not the Glaukos of London D 5 by the Sotades Painter; there are at
least three other mythical persons of that name. The name is also common in
Athens, see LGPN ii; it is probably historical here.
- CAVI Number: 7862
- AVI Bibliography: Moretti (1912), fig. 47. — Duhn (1921), 95-96.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/21A09645-D861-445E-96E7-4E454A481FCF