7240, Acquarossa, Zone F, Roof F:11
- Record number: 7240
- Site: Acquarossa
- Building or zone: Zone F, Roof F:11
- Roof element: Lateral simas
- Remarks: Lateral sima Type I with ram's head above waterspout.
- Bibliography: C. Wikander 1981, p. 84, fig. 47; Ö. Wikander 1986, p. 148, Sima F80; Winter 2009a, pp. 80-81, 2.B.1.b
- Publication record: Acquarossa I.1: The painted architectural terracottas. Catalogue and architectural context
Acquarossa VI.1: The roof-tiles. Catalogue and architectural context
Symbols of Wealth and Power: Architectural Terracotta Decoration in Etruria and Central Italy, 640-510 B.C.
- Type of decoration: Ram's head
- Current Collection: Museo Nazionale Archeologico: Sima F80 72-305
- Mouldmade: no
- Width: 21.3
- MPD: 11
- Paint: Slip covered with dark red paint. Painted decoration: horizontal band at bottom edge; traces of another on backside. Parallel wavy lines, continuing onto waterspout. Front edge painted white.
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/15582C85-2AEA-44E5-99CC-AA6FDA564B90