879, ATHENIAN, Corinth, Archaeological Museum, C37.521
- Vase Number: 879
- Fabric: ATHENIAN
- Technique: RED-FIGURE
- Shape Name: SKYPHOS FRAGMENT
- Provenance: GREECE, CORINTH
- Date: -425 to -375
- Attributed To: Perhaps TALOS P by UNKNOWN
- Decoration: A: JUDGEMENT OF PARIS (?), WOMEN, ONE WITH SCEPTRE (HERA OR ATHENA ?), ONE WITH EROS (APHRODITE ?)
B: YOUTHS WITH LAUREL WREATHS, ONE HOLDING LAUREL BRANCH
- Current Collection: Corinth, Archaeological Museum: C37.521
- Publication Record: Clairmont, C., Das Parisurteil in der antiken Kunst (Zurich, 1951): PL.16.B
Hesperia: The Journal of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens: 45 (1976), PL.91.42
PHOTOGRAPH(S) IN THE BEAZLEY ARCHIVE: Talos Ptr. or near? Boulter compares: for hand holding sceptre cf. Athena (holding spear) Kekrops Ptr. Adolphseck. CV f.1 pl.46.
- AVI Web: https://www.avi.unibas.ch/DB/searchform.html?ID=3463
- AVI Record Number: 3289
- CAVI Collection: Corinth C-37-521.
- CAVI Lemma: Fr. of large RF skyphos. From Corinth. Unattributed. Early fourth.
- CAVI Subject: A: at left, part of a goddess; at right, small Eros tending a figure in what
may be a Phrygian cap: Judgment of Paris (Clairmont).
- CAVI Inscriptions: A: between Eros' wings and the goddess' hand (which is holding a scepter):
three imitation letters, the first possibly a chi (an upright cross).
- CAVI Comments: The dots not mentioned by McPhee; do they really represent letters?
- CAVI Number: 3289
- AVI Bibliography: Clairmont (1951), 142, pl. 16,b. — McPhee (1976), 394/42, pl. 91.
- CAVI / AVI Data from Henry Immerwahr's Corpus of Attic Vase Inscriptions (CAVI), updated by Rudoph Wachter's Attic Vase Inscriptions (AVI)
Link to this record using the address https://www.beazley.ox.ac.uk/record/11E37CCC-C879-4254-BEA7-564312F4F804